Orange Cranberry & Beet Powder Muffins
Beets are filled with nitric oxide that is used by people for exercise endurance as a natural superfood and have been shown in studies to help reduce inflammation and reduce blood-pressure. It also has other nutrients and minerals as well, so fun to use for your next meal or event to bring some added color to what you are making. We decided to make this Cranberry, Beet Juice Powder or Beet Root Powder, Valencia Orange Peel and Cricket Powder muffins for an event this week for a delicious muffin filled with antioxidants, nutrients, and sustainable protein for our cricket powder. To make your own muffins check out the following ingredients and directions below. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a 12-piece muffin pan with muffin tins or lightly apply olive oil to each muffin space.
- Combine all dry ingredients including the Cricket Flours: All Purpose Baking Flour, and Beet Juice Powder or Beet Root Powder in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together all of the wet ingredients and egg until fully combined.
- Fold in the dry and wet ingredients, and then spoon into each muffin tin.
- Place in the oven on the center rack and bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove the muffins to set aside and cool. Enjoy!
Looking for More Cricket Flours Recipes?
We have a full range of Cricket Flours recipes for you to try in our published edition of the “Cricket Flours Cookbook: All Cricket, No BULL…” with 50+ recipes. See samples of our recipes here on our website and don’t forget to let us know what your favorite recipe is by sending us a message or connecting with us on Facebook or Instagram.