Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
This week our team was back in the kitchen and inspired by Official Pumpkin Day today on October 26! For this recipe we wanted to create a simple canned pumpkin recipe using ingredients we often having lying around our kitchen. While we will posting a few more recipes for a pumpkin pie recipe and a delicious spicy pumpkin seed recipe, we wanted to make sure to include one that you could use with an extra can of pumpkin to make a delicious recipe.
These pumpkin muffins and pumpkin muffins recipe uses our All Purpose Baking Flour that uses our Cricket Flours and cricket protein for enhanced nutrition at 28g of protein per cup. As you will notice in the pumpkin muffin ingredients below, we even switched out the vegetable oil for applesauce and the water for orange juice. While you can still use vegetable oil and water in your own recipe, switching out these ingredients for applesauce and orange juice gives your baked goods that moistness that you are looking for and an added flavor complexity and brightness to your baking. Check out the pumpkin muffin recipe below and ingredients and make sure to send us any photos of your creations. We love to see what you make on our Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram accounts. To watch a step by step video with instructions click here.
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup canned organic pumpkin
1/4 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cup Cricket Flours: All Purpose Baking Flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the brown sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Next add in the pumpkin and orange juice and mix until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the Cricket Flours: All Purpose Baking Flour and mix together the remaining dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and once mixed together, fold in the 1/2 cup chocolate chips. This recipe will make about 12 muffins.
- Spoon the batter into slightly greased muffin tins about 2/3 to the top, and bake on the middle rack fro 15-18 minutes. Enjoy!
Looking for More Cricket Flours Recipes?
We have a full range of Cricket Flours recipes for you to try in our published edition of the “Cricket Flours Cookbook: All Cricket, No BULL…” with 50+ recipes. See samples of our recipes here on our website and don’t forget to let us know what your favorite recipe is by sending us a message or connecting with us on Facebook or Instagram.