Welcome to our new Mini Lemon & Valencia Orange Raspberry Scone recipe as featured in our new Cricket Flour Cookbook: All Cricket, No BULL… For this recipe, we wanted to put together a new scone recipe using cricket flour to add additional protein and flavor to this new treat. When you buy cricket flour, it can be hard to think of how it can be incorporated into new recipes and that is what we want to help with in these recipes. This cricket flour recipe features the delicious taste of raspberries, lemon, Valencia oranges, and more in a cricket flour scone recipe that makes 20-24 servings of our mini scones and mini muffins.
Take a look at the ingredients and directions below, and if you have any cricket flour questions feel free to reach out to our team directly and we would love to talk with you!
2 1/3 cups Cricket Flours All Purpose Baking Flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter
1 large egg
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
1 ½ teaspoons Valencia orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease 2 muffin tins.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the sugar, orange peel, and lemon zest and mix together. Next add in the remaining Cricket Flours: All Purpose Baking Flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined.
- Grate frozen butter into the powder and mix until combined and the mixture is clumped.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, egg, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Gently fork in the liquid mix into the dry powder until combined, being careful to not over mix.
- Gently fold in the fresh raspberries.
- Spoon into muffin tins until halfway filled, and bake on the center rack of the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.