Take a break from the sweet stuff with this savory muffin recipe that’s great for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. Each muffin bakes with pieces of bacon and cheese that infuse each bite with their delicious flavors. Bacon, cheese, and nutritious cricket flour combine to keep you full through the morning. Eat one on your way to work or serve for brunch on the weekend.
For more delicious Cricket Flours recipes make sure to check out our full list and Cricket Flour store for your next party and event.
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup Cricket Flours: 100% Pure
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil (bacon drippings work best)
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheese
- 4 cooked bacon slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tin lined with paper muffin cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, Cricket Flours: 100% Pure, sugar, baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine egg, milk, and oil.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing only until just incorporated.
- Slice bacon into small pieces, then add bacon and cheese to the muffin batter.
- Spoon out the batter into muffin baking pan, and bake for 17-19 minutes. Toothpick or fork should come out clean.
- 1 minute before removing from the oven, add a few small pieces of bacon and cheese for a flavorful and colorful topping.
Click HERE to check out more Cricket Flours recipes