Cricket Flours Bite-Sized Apple Pastries
We recently stumbled across a great idea for a Cricket Flour Bite Sized Apple Pastries and they turned out SO GOOD! Light and crispy and with a boost of cricket protein from our Cricket Flours products. We put together all of the ingredients and directions below for you to try them out on your own. Let us know what you think!
Also if you have more ideas for delicious edible insect recipes, cricket powder creations, or want us to try something make sure to reach out and let us know by clicking here. We love hearing from you, and we love trying out new things using edible insects for great recipes and extra protein and nutrition!
- Preheat over to 390F.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the diced apples, brown sugar, beet juice powder, Cricket Flours: 100% Pure Powder, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg all together.
- Roll out your pie crust and cut out circle shapes using a cookie cutter or a large rimmed glass.
- In the center of each cut circle of pie crust add a spoonful of the spiced apple mix. Gently fold over the pie crust and pinch together all of the edges. Place 1-inch apart on a prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix the egg together into an egg wash and brush the top of all the Cricket Flours Bite Sized Apple Pastries. Then sprinkle the coconut sugar across the tops to finish them off.
- Place in the center rack of the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and enjoy! Try adding a caramel dipping sauce, or just enjoy once cooled!
Looking for More Cricket Flours Recipes?
We have a full range of Cricket Flours recipes for you to try in our published edition of the “Cricket Flours Cookbook: All Cricket, No BULL…” with 50+ recipes. See samples of our recipes here on our website and don’t forget to let us know what your favorite recipe is by sending us a message or connecting with us on Facebook or Instagram.