We recently stumbled across a great idea for a Cricket Flour Bite Sized Apple Pastries and they turned out SO GOOD! Light and crispy and with a boost of cricket protein from our Cricket Flours products. We put together all of the ingredients and directions below for you to try them out on your own. Let us know what you think!
Also if you have more ideas for delicious edible insect recipes, cricket powder creations, or want us to try something make sure to reach out and let us know by clicking here. We love hearing from you, and we love trying out new things using edible insects for great recipes and extra protein and nutrition!
- Preheat over to 390F.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the diced apples, brown sugar, beet juice powder, Cricket Flours: 100% Pure Powder, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg all together.
- Roll out your pie crust and cut out circle shapes using a cookie cutter or a large rimmed glass.
- In the center of each cut circle of pie crust add a spoonful of the spiced apple mix. Gently fold over the pie crust and pinch together all of the edges. Place 1-inch apart on a prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix the egg together into an egg wash and brush the top of all the Cricket Flours Bite Sized Apple Pastries. Then sprinkle the coconut sugar across the tops to finish them off.
- Place in the center rack of the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and enjoy! Try adding a caramel dipping sauce, or just enjoy once cooled!
Looking for More Cricket Flours Recipes?
Are you looking for more Cricket Flours Recipes? We are always working on new recipes and creations for our readers and events, and put together new recipes on our recipes page below. Make sure to check them out, or purchase our full Cricket Flour Cookbook: All Cricket, No BULL… with over 50+ recipes. If you have a great recipe you would like share, make sure to send us a message here. Thanks!