Paleo Cricket Protein Recipe: Cinnamon Butternut Squash Muffins
With the cool autumn air and winter just around the corner, we are ready to break out the baking pans and warming ingredients. These delicious muffins make a great breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up, especially if you follow a paleo lifestyle (our ancestors would love the addition of cricket powder). For this Cricket Flours recipes we wanted to feature a delicious paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free the whole family will love…even those with dietary restrictions!
Cinnamon is a delicious spice that adds flavor and depth to both sweet and savory dishes. It is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties and it also helps stabilize blood sugar. While we also used our cricket protein for additional protein and nutrition, we also incorporated butternut squash because it is a rich source of vitamin A, potassium, and fiber – a nutrient boost that most sugary muffins at your local coffee shop are missing. Enjoy!
1 ¾ cups almond flour
¼ cup Cricket Flours: 100% Pure Cricket Powder
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1/3 cup honey
½ cup butternut squash puree
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a muffin tin by greasing the cups or lining with paper liners.
- Sift flour, cricket powder, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, honey, butternut squash, coconut oil, and vanilla extract together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and gently mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Use a ¼ cup measurement to scoop batter into the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Looking for More Cricket Flours Recipes?
We have a full range of Cricket Flours recipes for you to try in our published edition of the “Cricket Flours Cookbook: All Cricket, No BULL…” with 50+ recipes. See samples of our recipes here on our website and don’t forget to let us know what your favorite recipe is by sending us a message or connecting with us on Facebook or Instagram.
Need To Stock Up?
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.