Here is another great cricket flour recipe one our customers sent us using our All-Purpose Baking Cricket Flour. Alyssa had a favorite recipe from Blue Apron that she wanted to adapt using our cricket flour, and it turned out amazing! If you want to see the original Blue Apron recipe, click here. This Cricket Flour Parmesan Breaded Chicken is packed with protein and has a great flavor from the Parmesan cheese and nutty notes from the cricket flour. For the ingredients and directions to make this cricket flour recipe see below, and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
- Cover each chicken breast with a sheet of plastic wrap (or place in a plastic bag). Using a flat mallet or heavy skillet, pound the chicken to about a ½-inch thickness.
- Place the milk, All Purpose Baking Cricket Flour and panko breadcrumbs into 3 separate dishes. Add half the Parmesan cheese to the panko and mix well.
- Working one chicken breast at a time, completely cover each with a layer of All-Purpose Baking Cricket Flour (shaking off the excess), then milk (letting the excess drip off), then the panko-Parmesan mixture. Transfer the coated breasts to a plate.
- In a large pan, heat a thin layer of oil on medium-high until hot. When the oil is hot enough that a few breadcrumbs sizzle immediately when added to the pan, add the breaded chicken.
- Cook 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Season immediately with salt and pepper.