In this second featured recipe from our chef Kathy High, we created a Tropical Pear Juice Boost smoothie that is the perfect way to start your morning routine. The pear in this smoothie gives it body without adding fats like coconut milk, and the cricket powder helps give it a creamy texture without yogurt or bananas. There is no additional sweetener in this recipe, but you could add your favorite to your taste This recipe makes two good mornings’ worth of smoothies. To make your own Tropical Pear Juice Boost, check out the following ingredients and directions below. Enjoy!
1/2 cup Crushed ice
1 Orange, squeezed for juice
1 Ripe pear, chopped
1 tablespoon Cricket Flours: 100% Pure Cricket Powder
1 cup Mango chunks
1 cup Pineapple chunks
1/2 Lime, squeezed for juice
Water as needed
- Core and chop the pear (there is no need to peel it)
- Put ice, orange juice, pear and cricket powder in a kitchen blender and blend until smooth
- Add mango, pineapple and lime juice, blend until smooth again
- Thin with water if desired
Looking for More Cricket Flours Recipes?
We put together some quick links in case you were looking for more information about Cricket Flours Recipes, USA Pears, or would like see more recipe creations from our guest Chef Kathy High.
- Click here to see all of our Cricket Flours Recipes
- Click here to read our article with USA Pears
- Click here to see Chef Kathy’s High recipe for a Chocolate Cricket Decadence Cake with Pear Compote
- Click here to see Chef Kathy’s High recipe for a Pear & Cricket Financier