This delicious cricket protein recipe was sourced from Next Millennium Farms, a fantastic resource for further information on entomophagy!
Are you looking for a new and delicious recipe using cricket flour or insects as food? We found this great cricket flour recipe full of citrus flavor and spices that tastes amazing, looks amazing, and is simple to make with just a few ingredients provided in the directions below. This Citrus Ento-Dressing with Cricket Flour pulls in citrus and spices to create a unique salad dressing that also has a complete nutritional profile from the cricket flour. If you are new to entomophaghy, or insects as food, try this delicious cricket flour and dressing recipe to spice up your next meal.
Cooking with insects isn’t hard, and this citrus ento-dressing with cricket flour is a great example of how you can easily incorporate the protein and nutrients from cricket flour into your normal diet and recipes. Try experimenting with cricket flour on your own and cooking with insects. If you find a great cricket flour recipe or new flavor combination, let us know and we will feature you on our website here at Cricket Flours.
Check out the ingredients and directions below for learning how to make a delicious citrus ento-dressing made with cricket flour!
Citrus Ento-Dressing with Cricket Flour
Makes approx 8 oz dressing
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Moroccan Spice
- 1 tbsp cricket flour
Citrus Ento-Dressing with Cricket Flour Directions
- Using a knife, remove outer peel from both the navel orange and lime leaving the flesh exposed and no pith (the white stuff). Carefully segment and remove each section of orange and lime flesh and place into a blender.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients to the blender and blend on high for 15-20 seconds.
- Use as a dressing for your favorite salad or a marinade!
Make sure to check out more of our featured cricket flour recipes and cricket flours mixes!